Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.

Toubles with URL's

CappiCappi New
edited January 2013 in Feedback

Hi all! I have a huge problem. In the URL address of the site is duplicated.

When I go to the links at the website after the slash is added to its address without the domain zone. we have the following: sitename.com/sitename/sitename/sitename/sitename/discussion as example.

Need help. Site is here

Sorry for my English ;)

Comments

  • I see what you mean in some cases. I went to profile of 'admin' and it showed website.com/sitename/profile/ etc instead of website.com/profile/

    Did you install multiple times? Did you move site from old location to new location? What if you re-install?

  • Did you install multiple times? Did you move site from old location to new location? What if you re-install?

    problem remains in all casses. Installation on website.com/forum - same thing. New install - same thing. install on another hosting provider - same thing

  • businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

    @Cappi said:
    problem remains in all casses. Installation on website.com/forum - same thing. New install - same thing. install on another hosting provider - same thing

    By "install" do you mean copying the files from Vanilla folder into another folder or brand new install (i.e. unzipping Vanilla from scratch)?

    UnderDog
  • @businessdad said:
    By "install" do you mean copying the files from Vanilla folder into another folder or brand new install (i.e. unzipping Vanilla from scratch)?

    brand new install (i.e. unzipping Vanilla from scratch)

    Use the archive downloaded from this site and from github. Same result

  • Ok, ask either me or businessdad to take a look at your setup. We need FTP information, so create a special one. Also MySQL information
    PM it to either me or businessdad
    Do you want it installed in the root of your site or in /forum ??

  • businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

    @Cappi said:

    Use the archive downloaded from this site and from github. Same result

    That's quite odd. It makes me thing of an issue with the server configuration (.htaccess file comes to my mind), but you wrote that you tried on another hosting provider, with the same result, and although not impossible, I find it hard to believe that both of them have exactly the same issue.

  • @businessdad said:
    That's quite odd. It makes me thing of an issue with the server configuration (.htaccess file comes to my mind), but you wrote that you tried on another hosting provider, with the same result, and although not impossible, I find it hard to believe that both of them have exactly the same issue.

    I don't have sufficient knowledge of English and technical part of the detail that would explain my actions. Sorry. I sent the info from the ftp&mysql to UnderDog. Maybe he can tell what I'm doing wrong

  • businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

    Cappi

    @Cappi said:

    I don't have sufficient knowledge of English and technical part of the detail that would explain my actions. Sorry. I sent the info from the ftp&mysql to UnderDog. Maybe he can tell what I'm doing wrong

    Ok, I will leave it to @UnderDog, then. :)
    By the way, there are skilled people from all over the world, in this Community. If you need help or details in your language, feel free to ask there's a good chance that someone can help you with it.

  • GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

    I am going to guess you installed 2.1b and it is in a subfolder.

Sign In or Register to comment.