Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Changing header depending on login status

Hi,

I've created a theme on which I'd like the header to change depending on the user's login status. While logged out header A is active, while logged in header B is active. I think the obvious place to do this would be "default.master.tpl" within my theme's folder yet since this is a smarty based template file I was unsuccessful in implementing this functionality. I've tried it using {php} tags but they don't seem do do anything at all.

I wouldn't mind creating a new tag for the changing bits within the header, yet I couldn't figure out how to do this either. I'm sure there's an easy way to get this done. I would be glad for any help you can provide helping me to crack this nut.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

You can do it like this:

{if $User.SignedIn}
        {* Header to display when logged in *}
    {else}
        {* Header to display when logged out *}
    {/if}

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

UnderDogvrijvlinderfr3em1nd