Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Table '37015m26723_1.GDN_User' doesn't exist

GodmogGodmog New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi! I am encountering a severe problem while opening my vanilla forum, which is hosted on my own domain. I found out that a more detailed information than 'bonk' is given our by adding an additional line in the config.php.

As a matter of fact, I did not delete any of the forum database entries. I just switched the charset of my database! Can this cause this error?
How can I save the user information as I have something like 50 users connected to my forum? I might reinstall it, but I will not be able to reach this amount of users anymore. Can you please help me?

This is the error message:

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();
Table '37015m26723_1.GDN_User' doesn't exist
select * from GDN_User User where UserID = :UserID
The error occurred on or near: /path/to/htdocs/godmog.de/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php

Backtrace:

/path/to/vanilla/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php:280] PHP::trigger_error();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1650] Gdn_Database->Query();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:934] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/core/class.model.php:373] Gdn_SQLDriver->GetWhere();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/core/class.model.php:356] Gdn_Model->GetWhere();

[/path/to/vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:452] Gdn_Model->GetID();

[/path/to/vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:623] UserModel->GetID();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/core/class.session.php:280] UserModel->GetSession();

[/path/to/vanilla/library/core/class.auth.php:36] Gdn_Session->Start();

[/path/to/vanilla/bootstrap.php:168] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator();

[/path/to/vanilla/index.php:41] PHP::require_once();

snip

Comments

• Options

Interesting. I see a lot of numbers in your database name, maybe that new charset has trouble with those numbers?
    Maybe problem with case sensitiveness, but I doubt that one :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

vanilla is built around one and only one charset. changing it could easily cause calamity.

you didn't take a backup of your database before changing the underlying character set?

sudo rm -R /*

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2013

What are you connection settings? What exactly did you change.

It is saying it can't find the table, so this is not to do with he data in the table, but the table name.

When you say switch, did you convert or change the setting at connection level?

if you changed to a charset that is not lossless, changing back might mean that you loose certain definition especially with multi-byte languages.

Stick to utf-8 if you can. There are other Unicode that could work.

grep is your friend.