Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Integration

I have opted for SMF hosting from Hostpaedia but i am having some issues with SMF and the forum doesnt seems good for my use.

I am impressed with vanilla forums and i want to use it on my new host. i dont know the process of installation as i am not techie. Hostpaedia Guys told that they provide with Softaculous where i can instal vanilla forums with one click. but i dont know from where to start.

Is there any handy guide for it ?
any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options

I hate the one click installers, becuase you are putting faith in someone else doing it right.

I'd start by reading the docs

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/toc#installation

grep is your friend.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@julieee

You ill need to log on to your web host account, and you should find you have some kind of Control Panel.

Find Softaculous in there, and it should have a link to automatically install Vanilla.

@x00

I'm sure auto-installers have drawbacks, but for beginners they can be very useful.

My introduciton to Vanilla was via an auot-install.

Without that, I doubt I'd have got started wth it.