Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Category Sorting Problem 2.0.18.4 (js problem, locally)*

edited February 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am on 2.0.18.4 and i have a few categories going now, but ive noticed i ran into i cannot change the order of my categories from within vanilla's admin panel. I have to manually adjust their order. I thought it might have been a plugin i installed, but i can disabled all the plugins and the problem still persists. Anyone run into this? And yes i did search a long time before i even thought of posting.

Comments

• Options

Have also tried in multiple browsers. I see the drag drop cursor, But nothing happens when you click and drag.

• Options

this might be a conflict with a theme or plugin.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I checked out the console when i try and resort categories. I get this:

Uncaught TypeError: Object function ( selector, context ) {
    // The jQuery object is actually just the init constructor 'enhanced'
    return new jQuery.fn.init( selector, context, rootjQuery );
    } has no method 'curCSS'

• Options

Well i am dumb. I just replaced /js/library folder out with the default files for vanilla and it works, Could have sworn i tried that. Thanks!

• Options

Somehow my jquery is not defined anymore... Interesting lol

• Options

why are you messing with /js/library in the first place?

if you change the core that is a fork, you are your own support.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Just a thought, are you using any form of minification plugin? Minification and obfuscation are flawed concepts in javascript which should only be used is said script is tested not to be corrupted. There is no guarantee it wouldn't corrupt a random script.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@x00 said:
    why are you messing with /js/library in the first place?

if you change the core that is a fork, you are your own support.

not to go too off topic here, but 2.0.18 is the end of the 2.0 branch as we know it. 2.1 is different enough that most if not all production forums will have re-coding (plugins, themes, etc) to do if they want to move to 2.1... whether they "forked" with some core or not.

We are our own support. Aint nothing anybody can do to stop that.

That said... seriously, dont screw with the js/library unless you know exactly what you're doing and why.

• Options

@hbf said:
    not to go too off topic here, but 2.0.18 is the end of the 2.0 branch as we know it. 2.1 is different enough that most if not all production forums will have re-coding (plugins, themes, etc) to do if they want to move to 2.1... whether they "forked" with some core or not.

This isn't a plug-in though, if you modify the core, if you try to update it will be lost.

What happens when people modify the core heavily is they get stranded an can't update. Had this with couple of clients.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited February 2013

I forget why, but i had a theme that 'required' be to update jquery, And then i accidently moved the JS folder to a different folder without noticing. My mousing is touchy is all i can blame i guess. Everything is working as it should now. And yes this is why you make plugins and such. Keep the core as it is! :) I made only one core change for now just to fix youtu.be style links because it was annoying. Could really care less to loose it because its fixed in 2.1