Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Meta keywords?

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Probably a silly question, but where can I edit/add meta keywords in Vanilla (2.1)?

Any help will be appreciated!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

How about adding them directly to your theme's master view?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Hah, I hadn't thought of that. I'll check it out, thanks!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2013 Answer ✓

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

why remotely scrape you site? You can get the data straight of your server.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I think the question was how to ad the meta keywords. Personally I would use themeshooks, or plugin.

The controller has access to $Sender->Head->AddTag('meta', array('name' => 'keywords', 'content' => 'some, words'));

grep is your friend.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Can you explain how you could do that dynamically @x00

why is curl ( remotely scraping ) -- current url. ?? ( or am i wrong )
    Surely the poster could fire an include at top of doc, to remote page on same domain, that scrapes current content, and bounces back meta keywords on an up to the minute basis.

Then he could echo n results within the meta tag component.

Perhaps I am over complicating this.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Yes you are. The last thing you want to do is once you get to view is an unnecessary operation.

As it is you should really be using views for thing like that. A view stage you should have most of your data read from the controller stage.

You already have the data for the page, or you couldn't be displaying it. There no need to loop back through the controller again. You can look though the data list, it is even more accurate than scraping, becuase it will exclude the simply superficial elements and focus on the content.

There is nothing wrong with using the algorithm though, that will take any string data.

grep is your friend.

• Options

hmm this is very interesting and very good for SEO. :D