Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Posting from "authenticated users", but without signup?

I would like for users to be able to post to the forum without signing up, but I don't want to allow guest posting since the moderation job will be overwhelming.

Is it possible to authenticate users that are already logged in with facebook, and allow them to post to Vanilla - without user registration?

Or, if that isn't possible, can we postpone the registration process until after the user has written the message and clicked submit?

Magnus

Answers

• Options
    GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

That is what Single Sign On (SSO) does and there is a connector for Facebook.

• Options

Gary - perhaps I´ve misunderstood something, but isn´t that more like simplified registration? I mean, don´t you still need to sign up/connect before you can post?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

how can a user be authenticated then ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

@Magnush said:
    Gary - perhaps I´ve misunderstood something, but isn´t that more like simplified registration? I mean, don´t you still need to sign up/connect before you can post?

It's as easy as clicking a button.

• Options

Hey guys, thanks for your replies!

@442, In some comment system implementations I've seen the users can make comments without registering an account because they are already logged in to Facebook. This might mean that the comments only end up in FBs comment database though.

@GaryFunk: The UX research seems to suggest that it's quite a big difference whether the users can write the comment first, and THEN sign up, rather than having to sign up before he/she is allowed to make comments. Do you know if this is possible?

Magnus

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Magnush, get a grip dude.

If you want them Austhenticated they have to be authenticated somewhere. This is a pointless thread

There was an error rendering this rich post.