Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change tag delimiter?

Hi,

I'm using Noise theme (version 1.1.3by SevMC22). Although I've already told my users to use '-' when tagging more than one word (Example: indie-rock for Indie Rock), I've just noticed that when I was posting in here where I can press space when adding two-word tags and the delimiter is ',' instead of 'space' in my own forum. How can I change the tag delimiter?

P/S: another notice that I can only add two-word tag here when i type fast (before tag searching is complete). Weird?

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

This is controlled using the CSS content attribute:

.InlineTags li:after {
        content: ', ';
    }

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• the tag cloud has no delimiter it is just a styled ul with li for each tag.

grep is your friend.

• He's not talking about how tags are styled. Rather he is referring to how multiple word tags are handled, ie spaces are allowed or not.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Oh! I think I get it now - thought he was talking about the separator between the tags in each post :-) In that case, he would have to upgrade to the version of the Tagging Plugin that's bundled with Vanilla 2.1 - it's probably not compatible with Vanilla 2.0 though.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• @kasperisager thanks a lot for your answer. @DirtyDog thank you for making my post clear to everyone.

• 422422 Developer MVP

couldnt you use preg replace to handle this live

There was an error rendering this rich post.