Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fresh Installation - clicking sign in 404 error

Hi,
I made a fresh installation over at: http://www.successforum.me
When clicking sign in to access the admin panel it says
Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please advise.

Comments

• Options

In fact if you click on anything it gives the 404 error

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You installed in the root? is http://www.successforum.me your main site? look to see if you have any other applications in there like Wordpress or something else.You likely have htaccess misconfigured.

You are better off re-installing and calling the new directory forum, or whatever .

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

you could set base href as your root

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    You installed in the root? is http://www.successforum.me your main site? look to see if you have any other applications in there like Wordpress or something else.You likely have htaccess misconfigured.

You are better off re-installing and calling the new directory forum, or whatever .

but I want it so that if you go to successforum.me it takes you to the forum.

Please advise on how to fix this issue

• Options

just a bit of background info:
    I am using a VPS. I have setup the domain on my VPS panel, its the parallels plesk one. and the files for this site go in the VPS folder "sforum"
    I went into the application installer on the panel, vanilla was there I pressed install... it did its stuff and it installed.
    So then I went to successforum.me and the 404 error happens.
    Out of the box issue essentially.
    Advice please.

• Options
    edited February 2013

Try changing in the config.php rewrite urls true instead of false or to false instead of true . There might be more to configure to work. And like I said , if you also have other apps that have htaccess files then you need to fix the content of those files.
    You need to configure where the app looks for the files. The default is / but you might have to add your full path .

you can try to copy these and put them accordingly in the config.php, and try with TRUE if after setting the value it stole does not work...
    But hard to say, hope someone else has more ideas...

$Configuration['Garden']['WebRoot']                             = FALSE; // You can set this value if you are using htaccess to direct into the application, but the correct webroot isn't being recognized.
    $Configuration['Garden']['StripWebRoot']                        = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Debug']                               = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls']                         = FALSE;

• Options

Sorry but just to confirm, I COPY and PASTE these into config.php ?

• Options

Yes you only edit the config.php never the default. In the default are the standard configurations, the ones you want to edit , you copy over onto the config.php in their respective areas.

• Options

sounds like a .htaccess problem for me . :)

@ridwanm make sure you don't have any other .htaccess files on your server, and make sure that the .htaccess running on your root is the one provided by vanilla.

• Options

http://www.successforum.me/?p=categories/general

you have server rule issue, like fr3333333x says it is simply not routing to vanilla.

These are not physical locations and if you don't have your server rules in order it will rightly say it can't find them.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yea that is what I said in the beginning...but it is complicated

you have server rule issue

Lol I'd say one of the oddest I have seen. The thing is they are on a virtual server, I would like to know how to configure the ht rules to work with a vs , a friend asked me to install Vanilla on hers and I don't want to mess it up .... :)

• Options

i encountered same issue long ago, what i did is dig deeper on my vps to find other .htaccess files some servers does that for security measures... look for it in /root /home /home/yoursiteusername/ else you might need to contact your provider with this :D

• Options

yea mucking through the code, must say it starting to make sense, it looks like robot speak. But I still need to muck lower down LMaO it hooks you in doesn't it? Maybe because it gets you high from frying your brain on code lol

|█████████████████ FULL OF BEER || (●̮̮̃•̃)..,___ ██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |██ |█████████████████████ FULL OF BEER | | (●̮̮̃•̃)..,___. || ==|_||| "(@ )'@ ) """ ''''' ''''' (@ )(@)""" """ """(@) (@)" FOR ALL MY Coders