HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Rulesets based on users PostCount

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi everybody,

1.)
I just had a nice idea some of you have probably already thought of. I'd think it would be great to have a plugin that extends or creates an own kind of announcement discussions based on the posting count users have. The discussion or the accounements would just be shown based on certain rules set in conclusion with the discussion or the post count of the user.

I thought of some uses, but you could do endless things with it. It would be possible to hand out gift-codes, rewards special information and so on.

• Show an "How this community works!" thread IF user <= 50 comments.
  • Apply for moderator IF user >= 5000 comments.
  • "You're a valuable helper in this community" IF user > 100 comments AND < 100 comments.

2.)
Also based on PostCount it would be great if the PostCount could trigger adding a new Role to the user.

IF user PostCount > 100 ROLE = AdvancedMember (showing two more categories)

This may have been discussed earlier or maybe there is a plugin i haven't seen so far. Would be great if you point me towards things like this.
Also i guess @businessdad who recently launched the plugin "Post Scheduler" may have ben some experience in this field. :)

Greetz

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I see what you would like to achieve, but it's not as easy as one may think. Displaying Categories based on Post Count would involve a certain degree of complexity, which could significantly slow down the rendering of forum pages.

On the other hand, assigning a Role is a feature that was requested for the Rankings plugin (the "brother" of Badges). I might implement it, but every role assignment would be subject to Administrators approval. Never trust a system to simply "give roles away"; such behaviour would lead to abuse, and machines are way too easy to cheat.

• Options

IMO it makes more sense to implement this kind of rewards system based on a reactions system like here at Vanilla. In the forums I have run, the most ubiquitous posters were rarely the ones making the kind of quality posts that I would want to reward.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@DirtyDog and @businessdad: I do completely agree on the argument that a lot more can be accomplished (event though quality wise) width Badges and Reactions. But for some example that do not charge in the quality of a posting or similar a "show discussion on PostCount would still be interesting.

LIke i said a newbie thread, explaining the basic principles or other ideas how to get engaged as long as the user didn't make more than 25 postings.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla