Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Rename Discussion to something else?

Hi Guys,

Is there a way I can globally rename /discussion to something else say for example /question and rename the menu item at the top to say "Questions" ?

Thanks,
KJS

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes you can add a $Definition in your locale.

$Defintition['Discussion']="Question"

you would put that into conf/locale.php

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

by /discussion i fear you are referring to the URL path... if thats the case then the answer is... yes, if you want to hack into the core and redefine controllers. no, if you want to keep the vanilla core intact so you have a shot at upgrading some day.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You are funny :0)))

if you want to hack into the core

Why is it that when we first get our hands on new software the first thing we want to do is hack the core? lol I admit to being guilty of that...

no, if you want to keep the vanilla core intact so you have a shot at upgrading some day.

now that just makes me want to hack the core....if I was 18 (curiosity killed the forum?)

I was thinking maybe encouraging breaking would aid in faster knowledge and understanding acquisition no?

For example:

Sure!! Just try it out yourself if it does not work just reinstall. Or Yes but back it all up because you will need it after your experiment... Or Upgrade? You don't need no stinkin' upgrade ! so go ahead and get under the hood, if you can find it, you get an easter egg !

The first step to self help is losing the fear of breaking it . I admit to breaking my first installation two or three times 0-o But it helped me learn. And the community here largely responsible for it too...btw(thanks y'all)

• Options

The first step to self help is losing the fear of breaking it . I admit to breaking my first installation two or three times 0-o But it helped me learn. And the community here largely responsible for it too...btw(thanks y'all)

i broke my many times and cracked my head a little lol.

@kjs you try out some sort of .htaccess url rewrite. it's worth a try :D