Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why does this line causes errors on discussion management?

fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hi guys snipped this out from SEOcompanion plugin, i have enabled tagging and would like to use this as class theme hooks but it causes random errors on discussion management in vanilla 2.1 i'm not sure what i have missed.

public function Base_Render_Before($Sender){
$Description = $Sender->Discussion->Body;
if(strlen($Description)<1){
$Description = "My site description";
}
$Description = explode(' ', strip_tags($Description));
$Description = array_slice($Description,0,$MetaDescriptionlimit);
$Description = implode(' ',$Description);
$Sender->Head->AddTag('meta', array('name' => 'description', 'content'=>$Description));
$Keywords = $Sender->Discussion->Tags;
if (count($Keywords)<1){
$Keywords = "my site keywords";
}
$Keywords = explode(' ',$Keywords);
$Keywords = implode(', ',str_replace('-',' ',$Keywords));
$Sender->Head->AddTag('meta', array('name' => 'keywords', 'content'=>$Keywords));
}

Answers

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

I think if you are going to put that in the theme you must replace $Sender with $this

just a hunch coz I was messing with stuff like that and kept getting error then I saw I left a $Sender when it should have been $this.... but it is just a hunch and likely wrong, just suspect it has something to do with it

$this->Head->AddTag

• Options

hi @vrijvlinder i'm not sure also but this line
    public function Base_Render_Before($Sender){
    tells that the variable $Sender is the one that should be used in the function right ?