Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SEO Companion generating a duplicate meta description.

The plugin SEO Companion is suppose to generate a default META DESCRIPTION if there is none.

So far I've implemented it and it works fine for the homepage, inserting a default meta description that I specified in the plugin default.php file.

However, in the rest of the pages including the category pages and the discussion page, the SEO companion still keeps adding it's own description even those pages already have them. Any help?

Note: My forum is in localized in a foreign language (Non-latin)

Tagged:

Comments

• wilcoskywilcosky New
    edited October 2013

I'm having this same issue. The SEOCompanion addon works great! It automatically adds the description meta tag to all pages. However, the default theme's discussion pages already have a description meta tag. So, once this addon is installed, you'll have two description meta tags on the discussion pages.

All I need to do is remove the default theme's description meta tag. But, I haven't had luck locating it yet. I've searched the community here and haven't found anything that quite matches this.

Anyone know where the default theme's discussion description meta tag would be?

The good news is, after researching, it seems that Google will just use the 1st description meta tag, if there are multiple. But, first of all, even if Google doesn't have a problem with it, knowing that some pages have two description tags annoys me. Secondly, I really need Google to pick up the 2nd meta tag, which is the one generated by SEOCompanion. Which it probably won't do, unless I get the 1st one removed.