Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Way to list all users?

edited May 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there a way to list all signed in users within a vanilla install? I want to be able to proivde a list so that other users can look and then click on the user for their profile.

Comments

• Options
    This should do what you want. Unless I'm reading your request wrong.
  • Options
    i was actually talking about a global list of all users, not just those who are online. but thanks for the link as this is neat as an extra which i will install :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    http://lussumo.com/community/search/?PostBackAction=Search&Type=Users&UserOrder=Date
  • Options
    You confused me with your mention of signed in users.

I nearly posted the search that Mark has done but I thought otherwise. Clearly that was remiss :P
  • Options
    ah great -- that simple! sorry i didn't work that one out myself (kicks shin)
  • Options
    hm... Mark... :)

I don't think this type of showing all users looks good if you have MANY MANY users... a simple table like in phpBB would be better, I think... it gives the possibility to put the names in order (alphabetically, date registered and so on)...
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    uzi: If you don't like doing it this way, write an extension to do it the way you want.
  • Options
    If you just search for users, so when you don't have anything actually in the search field, the listng doesn't tell you how many users there are.
    It says "1 to 30 of nothing" Is that a bug?
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I wondered that, but then noticed that "nothing" doesn't stand for the total number of matches but for "no search term" (i.e., do a search for "a" to get all users beginning with a and it will say 1 to 30 of a), so technically not really an error, just a language misunderstanding.
  • Options
    mark: i'm not a coder, will start to learn programming next year ;)
  • Options
    BenBen
    edited May 2006
    It'd be nice to know how many results there were though, while you're flicking through with Next / Previous.
  • Options
    Yeah but that adds a ton of time on to the query which is why it doesnt at the moment. It wouldnt be difficult to do it's just mark doesnt want to.
  • Options
    Ah yes, that'd be why.
  • Options
    You should do it like Google does.. "1 - 20 of hundreds".

or 1 - 30 of a lot. ;)
  • Options
    1- 30 of ½ times twice the total.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    maybe "1 to 30 of all"?
  • Options
    Pfft, so conventional.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    yeah, mark, that needs a condition for that type of search to display "all" instead of "none" :)
  • Options
    you guys are confused - the search page says "1-30 for nothing", not "1-30 of nothing".

it's pretty clear to me that "nothing" represents the search terms.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    /me gives ithcy a 1 for nothing :)
This discussion has been closed.