Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category Listing

edited May 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is it possible at all to list the categories within the sidebar (panel.php), or will it only work called from categories.php ?

I just want to be able to list title/link/description.

Comments

• Options
    Funny you should ask that; I was wondering the same thing...
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited May 2006
    /me points the the "Categories" drop down menu in the upper left portion of your forum view. providing you do have it enabled via your account...
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited May 2006
    but that doesn't show descriptions...
    the answer is, as usual: it would be a very quick extension add-on :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Yeah, I'm sure you could take that extension, then extend it to display the kind of info you require, including the code for block/unblock category all in a nice list there instead of the drop-down. Seems like a nice alternate sidebar replacement extension for that thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Really old topic but still.

I got pissed with MVC.. Here's something really ugly to add to panel.php to get categories listed:

// Get categories and sort by priority $query = "SELECT * FROM LUM_category ORDER BY Priority ASC"; $sql = mysql_query($query);?> <ul> <?php while ($rows = mysql_fetch_row($sql)) { ?> <li><?= "<a href='http://yoururl.com/?CategoryID=".$rows[0]."'>".$rows[1]."</a>"; ?></li> <?php } ?> </ul>
  • Options
    Btw. If theres a more proper way to do this, gief me a hint. Its quite hard to find addons from this site, since lack of tags etc.