Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How exactly does the ban system work?

blizeHblizeH ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Does it ban by IP? (becuase that could cause problems if they've posted from a public computer) or if not, does it just ban using cookies? (but then they could just delete their cookies, right?)

Comments

• Options
    I believe there's just a role called 'banned' (or any other really, it's the permissions that count) which can be assigned to people.
  • Options
    I believe blizeH meant banning, because of too much comments/discussions per time. But I don't know how it works, with unauthenticated users. Maybe by session?
  • Options
    Well since you can't really post in Vanilla without being authenticated via some method or other, I don't really see why it couldn't just 'ban' the username for the alloted amount of time.
  • Options
    As far as I know it only bans by username at the moment.
  • Options
    Does the Ban role normally get access to read only (posts, comments, etc) or do they get banned from everything, whats the norm people use for this
  • Options
    Really whatever you want, though it's pretty silly to set ban priviledges lower than unauthenticated users.
  • Options
    so you would recommend still letting them read posts just not have the ability to login and post or comment?
    interesting question, who is more lower than dirt an unauthorized user (guest) or a user who was banned lol
This discussion has been closed.