Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

wordpress mangling embed URL

ellisgeekellisgeek Sheboygan County, Wisconsin New

I am attempting to embed my vanilla forum into my wordpress+buddypress based site. But when I put the embed code into a page, wordpress changes the url from

< script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:8080/vanilla/plugins/embedvanilla/remote.js">< /script>

to

and of course the page fails to load.
Does anyone know how to go about fixing this?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

In your conf/config.php what do you have for these?

$Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = '';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['ForceRemoteUrl'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['EmbedDashboard'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;

• ellisgeekellisgeek Sheboygan County, Wisconsin New

Nothing didn't know i needed to set those :S
    And i can guess the first one but what are the other 3?

Try setting them to TRUE or FALSE and see what works. If you set the remote url in the dashboard it should appear in the config.php , That is why I ask what do you have for these. That is where you can look to see if the url is correct and or to change the values to make it work

Ok so I added the lines that you posted and edited the first one to reflect the correct url to the discussions page but still no go :( will mess with the others now!

So i have messed with the settings but no cigar. I forgot to mention that i have the wordpress Vanilla Forums plugin and the only thing broken is integration, comment integration is fine!

Some people have fixed it by disabling the plugin in wordpress but you would have to test. There are many discussions covering this just search a little.