Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

All elements added to navigation instead of dropdown

On my site http://www.fotocomefare.com/forum-fotografia/, the plugin shows no dropdown. Instead, all categories are listed in the menu.
I use a slightly modified embed theme.
What should I do to make it work?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Although, it doesn't work with the embedded theme. even if you get it modifed to work with the theme. If any theme is embedded - you may have even more issues.

You just found out the downside of embedding I believe. If V has a solution that works within an embedded frame that would be interesting. But positioning in embedded frames seems to break down from what I have seen. And the plugin uses absolute positioning in the .css

You said you are using embedded theme - but more importantly are you embedding your website.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sorry, I didn't explain all the story.
    I started playing with the embedded theme because I was trying to embed the forum in a Wordpress theme.
    However, this lead to several problems, so I decided not to embed the forum. I added a header and a footer to adapt it to my site layout.
    Since in the meantime I already customized the embed friendly theme I didnt' redo all the customizations starting from another theme. Do you think this can be a problem?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

I already customized the embed friendly theme I didnt' redo all the customizations starting from another theme. Do you think this can be a problem?

yes and no. play with z-index as well as absolute positioning on the correct elements.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

@ragdoll

Hi , and thanks for trying the plugin, unfortunately this is not very different than the categories2Menu plugin in that they both use jquery method to create the drop down. If you really want a dropdown you can make one using css and some html.

http://www.cssportal.com/css3-menu-generator/#

This method is very simple and you can add the html into the tpl for your drop downs. What makes it work is the css part. This will also work on a mobile. However on mobile the drop down will not close on hover so you would need to refresh the page or go to the link clicked.

If you are not embedding your forum , I suggest you use a theme that is not dedicated to embed. There are various out there. EmbedFriendly is for putting it in small sections. If you have it in it's own page, use a full theme so you don't cheat yourself from the goodies that are available.

• Options

@vrijvlinder
    Thanks, I didn't know the embed theme had less features. I only thought it had a special layout.
    I will go back to a custom theme based on the base theme.