Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Are there plugins to help moderators?

I searched for mod, moderation and moderator in the Addons section but didn't find plugins to help moderators. I mean something that shows only new and unread messagges so that you could check them and possibly quickly anser.

Answers

• new and unread messagges

since you didn't mention your vanilla version..

is entirely dependent on the user

for vanilla 2.0.18.4

maybe these will help you

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/unreadicon-plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/onlyread-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ragdollragdoll
    edited March 2013

Thanks, my version of Vanilla is the one you mention.
    There are other plugins for other versions?
    What do you mean by "is entirely dependent on the user"?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

is entirely dependent on the user

lost in translation and editing :).

What I meant is unread messages - are related to whether a user views them or not. After viewing, it is considered "read".

However, the other plugins I mentioned may or may not be useful. unreadicon e.g., will put a little icon next to comments that are less than a certain number of hours old.

onlyread plugin- will give you option to only see a list of unread messages, Vanilla 2.1 has a better way of doing this feature without my plugin.

the main moderator specific plugins - are trolling split/merge, flagging, as far as I remember.

And of course there are administrator related plugins cleanlog and cleanser.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok, thanks.