Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MarkAllRead Extension [Version 1.0]

Comments

• I've installed it on a completely fresh Vanilla V1 and it works fine. If you are able to give me a test account to your forum I could look for a solution (You can whisper me the url)
  • i've had issues with the extension too, it doing absolutely nothing. after a couple of changes, it seems to work perfectly. maybe these bugs were server dependent? i've put the working version online here: http://5dollarshake.com/public/MarkAllRead.zip hutstein, maybe you can have a look at this and update the version on the vanilla site with this one?
  • Thanks a lot sicu, that was the error and i believe it worked on windows systems on it didn't work on linux systems.

But now it works fine...
  • could be. my server is a unix server and was giving issues. with pleasure ;)
  • tnx for mentioning me on the addon page btw :D
  • Still nothing :(
  • @All Try the latest version from the add-ons directory and it should work fine for all
  • Thanks hutstein & sicu, it's working now!
  • Unfortunately I'm getting a strange error:

Besides that it works.
  • Oh this was a little debug error.
    Now it's away
  • The extension is now in Version 1.0 and now uses the SqlBuilder, that also means that different table prefixes are supported
  • Ok. So I installed the phpbb migrator tools to Vanilla .9whatever, converted phpbb over, then upgrade to Vanilla 1.1. I installed the Mark All Read extension, and went to the discussions page. Clicked "Mark All Read" and it refreshes the page, just like it should. But then, ... nothing happens. All the posts are still the same. One other note, I'm not using categories. That's all I can think of. What could be stopping this from working.
  • ok. re-read this topic. downloaded sicu's version and it worked fine.
  • i have an error: Error Message An error occurred while logging your IP address. Affected Elements Insert.MakeRead(); The error occurred on or near: Duplicate entry '2-133' for key 'PRIMARY' Only one user have this error. FreeBSD 6.0, Apache 2.2.0 PHP 4.4.2 Mysql 5.1.7
  • Getting the same as Atas here.
  • me too.. got the same problem as Atas.. any help?
  • Im getting a similar error to atlas as well. anyone figure this out yet?
  • Do we have an answer for this yet. I have the same issue.
  • edited October 2006
    I've also had a user get this error. It seems as if it may be trying to mark something read that is already marked as read. I had to go into the database and manually delete the affected record. EDIT: The error came back even after I removed the affected rows from the watch table. It looks like the discussions that are referenced by the keys given when we get this error had been hidden. Once I manually removed any records related to these hidden discussions from the discussion, comment and watch tables, The Mark All Read function worked again.
  • same problem.
This discussion has been closed.