HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Try to download but have error :(

Hi Team,

I can creaye my community, I download the .zip but when I try open appear corrup.

Please fix it.

Thanks

Comments

• Please try downloading the Vanilla core again and make sure that the download completes without any problem. http://vanillaforums.org/get/vanilla-core

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Hi,

Look this image:

:(

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

If downloading another copy does not solve the problem

CIH virus

Frequently, the problem with corrupted self-extractors (and corrupted .zip files, as well) is that an error has been introduced into the file during download (e.g., by phone line noise). Normally, downloading the file again resolves the problem. If, however, repeated attempts to download the file do not result in a good copy, your computer may be infected by a virus.

Rather, the problem is that the self-extractor you're trying to run may have been infected with this virus. All executable files are susceptible to virus infection, and since self-extractors are executable files, they are susceptible to virus infection, as well.

An executable file can become infected with a virus such as CIH in at least three ways:

Your computer is itself actively infected, and when you copied the executable to your computer (e.g., via download or from a portable media device), or otherwise processed it, the executable became infected with the virus.
    The person who created the executable (i.e., the self-extractor) did so on a computer where the virus was active, so that the original copy of the self-extractor was infected.
    The executable passed through an infected computer on its journey from the original source computer to your computer.

Scan and clean your computer and use another decompressor like zipeg .

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

The simple way to detemine where to go next is

if your bandwidth is limited or your browser is trying to do to many things at once your downloads can get truncated.

determine if you have the correct file size in the downloaded file. You can see what the file size that is expected. If your download doesn't complete your downloaded file will be smaller, and it will never be able to be unzipped unless it is a complete download.

try donloading with a tool that does retries consistently without starting download over. some browsers will say download complete when, it is in fact not complete.

try wget - depending on windows version or your os (linux) - you can use

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget

wget -nd -c -r --tries=90 https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/archive/2.0.18.zip

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Hi,

Now I use windows and yes, is my internet conection.

Thanks!

Now go to install!