Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

can't edit this

How to edit this..change lang after error coming...
Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

" ' " is this problem

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited March 2013

you have to escape apostrophes \

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_character

http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.string.php

Single quoted

The simplest way to specify a string is to enclose it in single quotes (the character ').

To specify a literal single quote, escape it with a backslash (\). To specify a literal backslash, double it (\\). All other instances of backslash will be treated as a literal backslash: this means that the other escape sequences you might be used to, such as \r or \n, will be output literally as specified rather than having any special meaning.

grep is your friend.

• If it is a translatable definition

the double quote enclosure way

$Definition["It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!"] = "My new message -new here";

or

the escaped quote way

$Definition['It looks like you\'re new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!'] = "My new message -new here";

but it may not be translatable -

if you look in applications/dashboard/modules/class.guestmodule.php

It seems like there is more to it than adding a definition.

class GuestModule extends Gdn_Module {

public $MessageCode = 'GuestModule.Message';
           public $MessageDefault = "It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!";

public function AssetTarget() {
              return 'Panel';
           }

public function ToString() {
              if (!Gdn::Session()->IsValid() && C('Garden.Modules.ShowGuestModule'))
                 return parent::ToString();

return '';
           }   

}

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.