Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing in a sub dir using Nginx

Has anyone installed Vanilla in a sub dir using Nginx?

I have a blog at / but it's just a static site (using Octopress) - I wonder if anyone has a working nginx config with vanilla in a sub dir? E.g blah.com/q/

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Sure it is really not that much different.

It pays to understand server rules though. It is much better than copy and pasting something and hoping for the best.

nginx rules are not that bad, they are lot of thing you can do to make a smarter setup, that is why it worth learning and reading the docs, trying it, becuase it is not one size fit all you are going to make own personal decisions about it.

The only slightly screwy part of nginx rules are if blocks, which are counter initiative, but even they say you should avoid them if you can. Server rule aren't meant to be perfect, they allow you to define the bounds as necessary.

if you never really understood, apache rules, I you aren't going to read nginx rule like book, but if you take time to learn it, it is not really that bad. Both work, but I find nginx rules can be structure a lot better.

grep is your friend.