HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

This plugin does delete users (if instructions are read)*

zaneperryzaneperry New
edited April 2013 in Feedback

I am on a fresh install of 2.0.18.8

Comments

• Options

if you do it correctly, I guarantee it does.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Correction, I failed to follow the process as prescribed. Eventually I was able to get it to work.

Suggestions for improvement of user interface:
    On the Select Role (RoleID): drop down I assumed the number between (#) was the number of users in that role.
    Display the cleanser list in the admin theme, not the site theme. It was hard to read using the site theme.
    There is apparently a max count. I had to run the process 6 times to get rid of all of the spam users. In short, any data that can be sent to the user on counts (e.g. users selected for deletion) from the config screen would be useful.

Thanks for the plugin! It saved me a bit of time. Hopefully 2.1 of Vanilla has more user selection options for mass user moderation.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

yea I'll upgrade it when my donations for it exceed $0. Glad it worked for you eventually.

Meanwhile its totally functional with a bit of a clunky interface, and a few cosmetic changes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I appreciate the feedback though. thx.

you might want to edit the title to

"This plugin does work and will delete users"

if the documentation is read and followed :).

There is a reason for the maxcount. However, You can increase it if you have enough memory its in the readme I believe.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I find that it works perfectly when you follow the instructions.
    Thanks for yet another excellent plugin!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I am not targetting you Zane .. just providing some info that may or may not be insightful.

I figure in the future I will base my enhancements on

"what is a valuable plugin to the user."

• I used to consider value based on number of downloads,
    • now I consider value based on donations.

As far as future plugins - probably not many more because of lack of donations.

If some feature seems interesting to me I might write a new plugin, but not because somebody thinks it would be cool to have for free.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

Well if you look at it in the positive side:

The plugin actually does not delete users

The plugin actually only deletes unwanted users.

Which is the purpose of the plugin. :)

• Options

• Options

Just wanted to add that it worked for me - very helpful actually.

Note to the folks responsible for Vanilla - If you're going to create an easy forum platform deleting users from the UI shouldn't be a clunky 3 or 4 step process. It's far to easy to hit the Approve rather than the Decline button. (I get hundreds of spammy applicants a day.)

At the very least it would be nice to have someone code and approve addins like this.

Cheers.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2013

@robreed

If you are having trouble with spam bots I would thoroughly recommend the BotStop plugin, with the mod by @peregrine to set it to work with registration approval.