Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Caching Problem with Peregrine Badges -- I Think

kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've downloaded Phreaks Vanilla Badges and am using the most recent version - 3.0

I've removed the "Liking" aspect of my forum (redundant w/ voting) after a small number of likes had been dished out, and deleted the recorded likes from the GDN tables and from within the Peregrine Badges GDN table - uninstalling and reinstalling the badges to ideally have it reflect the fact that no likes are within the database.

What happens is that the likes are still recorded as badges and showing up with the hb.png heart files and the GDN_PeregrineBadges column for Liked Badges is repopulated after I reload a profile page, and both the comment badge (1comment.png) and anniversary badge (1av.png) are showing up as broken images. Charter badge (charter.png) works fine - thanks badge (1thanx.png) works fine.

EDIT

It appears the only issue is with the path to both the anniversary badges and the comment badges. Functionality still works - other than the likes still being registered.

Both the comment badges and anniversary badges showed up fine before I did this - making me think it's a caching issue. Does anyone have any guidance? I've since reinstalled/deleted/cleared basically everything about 5 times now - all to no avail.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@kirkpa31 said:
    I've removed the "Liking" aspect of my forum (redundant w/ voting) after a small number of likes had been dished out, and deleted the recorded likes from the GDN tables and from within the Peregrine Badges GDN table - uninstalling and reinstalling the badges to ideally have it reflect the fact that no likes are within the database.

To achieve this, you should clear the Likes, not the badges plugin.

What happens is that the likes are still recorded as badges and showing up with the hb.png heart files and the GDN_PeregrineBadges column for Liked Badges is repopulated after I reload a profile page

I believe that this is by design, I do exactly the same in my badges plugin. If you want to reset the likes, then you have to do exactly that: reset the likes, so that the data won't be there any more and the plugin won't pick it up. To do so, you must check where the likes are recorded and empty the related tables. Also, don't forget to set to zero the Liked counters:

• GDN_User.Liked
    • GDN_User.DisLiked (notice the capital "L" in the middle of the field name)
    • GDN_User.ILiked
  • Thanks @businessdad. I did try your method above earlier with no luck. I even got frustrated and simply deleted the GDN_AllLikes table after truncating it b/c I couldn't get any results to show. In the next couple of days I'm going to re-create my website to solve this problem and a Karma rewards problem I've been having.

I do not understand it, but hopefully after everything has been re-created it will work again.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@kirkpa31 said:
    Thanks businessdad. I did try your method above earlier with no luck. I even got frustrated and simply deleted the GDN_AllLikes table after truncating it b/c I couldn't get any results to show.

I think I caused some confusion: my suggestion was only related to the Likes, not to the error in displaying Comment, Anniversary and so on. Perhaps there are a few issues occurring together, in which case it can make sense to start clean to spot them one by one.