Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changes to roles/permissions won't save (2.1b1)

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've been struggling with this issue since I upgraded to 2.1b1. I can use the checkboxes and hit the save button, but it doesn't actually seem to save anything. I've double-checked my roles several times now, and none of them have changed one bit.

Is this a common problem in 2.1? Any idea how to fix it? My moderators need to be able to do things again.

Best Answer

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

Is this a common problem in 2.1?

Yes it is common enough. Sometimes it clears by enabling and disabling via the dashboard the plugins that have or require permissions, like file upload.

You really should post these issues at the github where those working on the Bugs have either put up fixes or let them know there still is a problem.

People were warned that this is in development still , it still is a beta release not for use in real life forums. If you can't help find solutions , to these problems, I suggest you go back to 2.0 until this is all fixed.

otherwise you will continue to be frustrated... :(

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

I'll try that, thanks!