Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Automated Message

I'm developing an ASP (C#.net) page that has vanilla embedded on it.

I kinda need an automated message during a specific event when triggered in the ASP page.

I was thinking of manually creating mysql insert queries to messages, I tried reading the vanilla and mysql codes but it's a bit too complicated for me since I have little to no PHP experience.

I just have these questions:

1) How do I create a 'Contributors' column in gdn_conversation table
2) Is the Contributors really important?
3) Will it notify the user at their icon/name? (same as when you get a new message).

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

What kind of message would you like, a PM message? It sounds similar to when someone registers and logs in for the first time, maybe there is already something in the code for that.
    So you could do:

/*Start ASP C# code*/ if 'Trigger in ASP' == True {
    Insert PM message into the MySQL database
    } /*End ASP C# code*/ 

You have to explain why you would want the 'contributors' column, what would you like to achieve with that?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I have no idea what it does but it seems to be a required column in the database table which is why I'm confused if its really needed or not.