Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

phpbb2 to vanilla passwords

I've just migrated phpBB2 to vanilla, and none of the phpBB passwords seem to work. The users are all using HashMethod phpBB. When I reset the user password, the HashMethod changes to vanilla and the user can get in. I thought it should work out of the box with the old password but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there something I can check to stop me having to contact all the users with a reset password ?

Thanks In Advance.
Mal

Comments

• Options

there is actually a phpbb hash method included but it all depend on which hash method you were using in the first place.

If you look in the GDN_Users table. There is a HashMethod field. You can put phpbb

what does the begging of the hash start like, is the same, or different, what is the length of the hash?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yep ... spotted that, which is why I thought it might just work :)

All the imported users are phpBB, the ones I have reset manually are Vanilla. A typical hash looks like 1ab12345678ab1abcd1a12a123abcd1a (obviously this is fake data).

• Options

looks like a standard md5 hash

put django as the hash type.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Looks like I was going in too deep. I think my first issue is that the roles created by the importer don't have signin allowed. I've checked that, so we'll see how we go with that for a bit.