Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect question

I have a question regarding jsConnect, I couldn't find the answer in the docu here:
http://vanillaforums.com/blog/help/implementing-jsconnect-single-signon-on/

Basic principle is clear, details not.

Is there a to populate/create the user also at Vanilla when this user sign's up at my website, or will this be done automatically with the first 'jsConnect' call? (so if user does not exist, jsConnect creates user).

If this is the case, i assume I will need to turn of user registration and external login as there are no passwords in the vanilla user database, or? Is this somewhere documented?

I am currently using phpBB, but I like the idea of Vanilla, would be a good fit for my site.
also, you have 6differents tags for "single sign on"

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

The user is created automatically the first time they signle-sign-on (sso) to Vanilla. In the current beta of Vanilla there is a registration method called connect only which will only allow users to be registered through sso.