Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Files that affect "New conversation" (PM screen) & Activity page (when you click a persons profile)

krs360krs360 New
edited June 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello all,

Hoping there are some veteran vanilla users here. I'm using a custom theme, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me which files affect the two named features in the title?

When I click "send message to xxx" it loads the page, however some boxes seem to overlap and it's missing the send message button.

Also, when I click on any person's profile it displays their activity, however the activity box seems to high and overlaps where you can flick between their discussions, activity, etc.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ok but first please click the link under this and answer these questions so we can help you better :)

• Options

@vrijvlinder

1. Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8

2. Theme is: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/game-theme
      I know it's not approved but I'm happy to have a go at fixing the problem I face.

Broken

The problem is as mentioned in the first post - Overlapping in different sections and the send button is missing from the PM page (bottom of the linked picture).

1. Addons:
      Plugins

Sorry for not including originally - I'm at work, time limited and the slowest PCS known to mankind!

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ok thanks , I am not the author of this theme but will attempt to help you. What I would like you to do is tell me if the same thing happens with another theme? I recommend testing with the default then with another custom theme, try GreenGlass theme , if the same thing happens then it could be one of the plugins. I suggest you disable them all and see if the problem persists. If problem is gone, enable one by one to find the culprit.

If it is not a plugin doing this, then:

This kind of thing can be fixed by increasing padding bellow or above the box or fixing the margins. If you could use firebug browser extension, it has a web inspector so you can zero in on the problem area.

• Options

When you encounter these problems, are you using chrome or firefox? Have you used Firebug or the Chrome equivalent of Firebug?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    krs360krs360 New
    edited June 2013

Hello all,

Thank you for the replies, there was a slight difference between the original and the one on my server, it was missing a "/div" which pushed everything up it seems. My employer use a REALLY old version of IE as well which didn't help matters.

Sorry to waste your time, but thank you for replying.

@vrijvlinder

I was wondering if you knew how to arrange the menu at the top of Vanilla?

I've found $Configuration['Garden']['Menu']['Sort'] = array('Home', 'Dashboard', 'Discussions', 'Questions', 'Activity', 'Conversations', 'User');

Just unsure as to where to add it within that specific theme as there's no/conf/config.php file.

Within the default.master.php any entry I add is put into alphabetical order which isn't what I want.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@krs360

conf is a folder in the Vanilla install, outside of the theme folder.

config.php gets written on installation.

You should find that line already in config.php.

• Options

@why606

Okay, thank you! that's all sorted now - that line wasn't present in the default config.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited June 2013

@krs360

You say 'default config'; I hope you edited config.php rather than config-default.php

• Options

lol, yeah I edited the config.php - the line was missing though, however it's all sorted now - thank you :)