Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding Twitter/Facebook/Google sign-on my forum made my whole site just go 'error'?

Any idea if those two things were related? Everything was fine until I enabled openID and Google. Now I can't access a single thing on my .com and the site just says 'error.'

Help please?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

read documentation on "error" and take some time searching through the forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Just go in the the config.php and put False instead of True on the plugin $Configuration

of the plugins you enabled .

• Seems to have worked... Wow thanks. That was weird, heh. Thank you!!

• @peregrine - see your point, value your contributions, think forums are for exchanging information and helping newbies. Agree to disagree. Thanks for your reply.

• Actually, @peregrine, despite your contributions, people like you with attitudes like that steer newbies away. A lot of us don't have all the time in the world to devote to just this forum or figuring out, especially if something goes drastically wrong - I doubt you do, though obviously you contribute much of your time as it is. So we use these 'forums' to 'chat'' or 'start topics.'

So if you don't have time, don't say anything, but you look like a d*ck with stuff like "spend time reading the forum." Hey that'd be cool. Let's all not post, just read the docs, or just ask super advanced questions that only REALLY make you think. Not just let people ask whatever the hell they need to, and if anyone wants to help, they can. I don't know. Forum idea, conversations, new threads, etc etc, agree to disagree.

But people like you who make some awesome contributions and then spend zero time actually being helpful in a thread when someone is looking for quick help? Awesome guy, buddy. Real value to the COMMUNITY building aspect of this site and forum.

Now I'm done. Thankfully there is one super helpful or doesn't say anything at all person on this forum who hasn't made me toss it all for phpBB or one of the many other options, with people who act less like jerks because they've helped out with the software or plugin aspect in some direct way. Some of us are just users, and just want to use the product. Basically, STFU with your upping your post count posts and 'do some searches' regurgitated responses, it's old, doesn't further the forum agenda, and makes you look like an a**hole to a lot of people you probably never hear from.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic and replying to anything you might have to say, so don't bother, won't waste my time reading as it'll just get my heart rate up which it already has.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think you are going too far here, peregrine is my mentor and without him I would be of no help to you or anyone . I resent your take on how and what this forum should do for people.

There is no requirement to help anyone. And you have been needing alot of help which is quite a bit . I don't think you have the place to tell anyone to STFU here.

That is grounds for being banned . Simply disrespectful to me and everyone and you should apologize asap !

• take some time to read the documentation and search

@ne1up said:
    peregrine - see your point, value your contributions, think forums are for exchanging information and helping newbies. Agree to disagree. Thanks for your reply.

cool - "error" means nothing. if you read this simple thing

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors

you will be able to ask more informative questions and when you provide version numbers of your software you will be able to get appropriate information.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.