HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Botstop Registration approval : Download File Inside!* - so you can find it easier.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Question to stay updated: I didn't really follow the discussion also it went a little unclear to me.

Does the added features of the BotStop plugin only make sense in communities where approval is done manual or?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • @phreak

Does the added features of the BotStop plugin only make sense in communities where approval is done manual or?

it makes sense in any situation where people are registering at your site and their are bots doing any automated registration.

therefore, the features of Botstop make sense in Approval, Basic, etc.

this thread refers to a zipped up mod to the plugin specifically for approval.

you can follow othr links or download the original if you are not using approval method.

explanation in link

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/178015/#Comment_178015

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@peregrine: original in use. thabx for info on those enhancements. approval is not yet used in my case, thats the reason i wanted to clarify this.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

Note: The mod i made to botstop for registration approval is no being compromised by robots, probably by brute force.

I do have a different randomized botstop for registration approval, that is more effective, than the one in the zip in first comment. Available by pm for a donation of $10, provided you make the donation prior to pm'ing me and provided you can cut and paste. If you pm me before sending donation, the deal is off.
    Instructions for donating in most of my plugins.

since @whu606 donated for something, I will be glad to send it to him for free. and Will also provide it for free to the people who have helped me, you know who you are (but then again, the people who helped me could probably write a good one themselves).

If I post it, it will just become less usable, because of widespread use in general population.

of course you can always download the original botstop plugin and copy the registrationapproval.php and make that work for you without random numbers,

• @whu606 - did you get the pm.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Hi @Peregrine

Yes, thank you.

Sorry for the delay in replying; busy day.

We haven't had any spambots today, so I'll wait until they come again before implementing your changes.

Thanks again for your efforts and generosity.