Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sticky function not working

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When I elect to make a discussion 'sticky' I make the selection on the left (in admin) , the page refreshes but the discussion is still not sticky. Any ideas? Thanks I have version 0.9.2.6

Comments

• Options
    The thing is...I have installed this forum software on 2 separate sites and have the same problem on both. What to do?
  • Options
    Now I find that I cannot delete a discussion. When I try to hide it the same thing happens as when I try to make a discussion sticky...the page refreshes but there is no change.....:-( I must have done something wrong. Any pointers please?
  • Options
    You're quite sure you're on 0.9.2.6?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    /me pulls you over, walks calmly up to your vehicle, leans down and asks for PHP and mySQL version numbers.
  • Options
    At the bottom it says Lussumo Vanilla (0.9.2.6) From cpanel I read PHP version 4.4.2 MySQL version 4.1.19-standard does this help? Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Do you have JavaScript enabled in your browser?
  • Options
    I recently upgraded to Vanilla 1.pre3 and am having the same problem. I definitely have JavaScript enabled in my browser, and I emptied my browser cache to ensure that I wasn't using a cached copy of an old JavaScript file. It worked fine on 0.9.2.6...
  • Options
    I just upgraded to v1 and sticky does not work for me either. It worked with the previous version.
  • Options
    I'm noticing sticky not working on 1.1, seems like the options on the sidebar tend to stick or not work at all,
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Does the thread you stickify say "sticky" in the title after you make it sticky, or not? If it doesn't, then it's an ajax issue - what browser are you using?
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Safari, they worked before, now when you click on make this sticky in the panel it hangs and hangs and nothing happens, if I left the browser it would keep hanging til the end of time ;-)

this is interesting, I just tested it on my localhost and the make sticky worked perfectly, and on another installation it doesn't work, maybe an extension issue will check
This discussion has been closed.