Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

posts not able to process html codes

Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8

Since the site crashed, we bought is back online by disabling stuff in the config.

Sicne then the site is working fine but all formatting in posts appers in raw html.

Unable to use

button bar,
Qutotes
Emtotions
etc

anything that requires html wont work...

I have check and made sure htmlawed is set to TRUE

here is what it looks like.
http://mobileforums.info/index.php?p=/discussion/6/best-ios-photo-editing-app-so-far#Item_5

Its causing a real headach trying to find this fix.

can anyone help..
Regards

Comments

• Options

You are missing the config statement for format, most likely.

I can't search right now but you can config.php format

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

or it is set to raw instead of html

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea I made a house call there again, checked for stuff added that line in the config. He is testing the stuff .... I suspect it be button bar and some other combo is not working for him.

• Options

house call again? you are the good doctor.

• Options

Thanks for your responce, I deleted any extra html plugin.
    NOw i only have
    ButtonBar installed.

Next

I checked the Config file, I could not find any format configuration so i added

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Html';

still not fixed...

• Options

Also changed, tried checking with
    $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown';

no success

How does the format option in config look like??

• Options

Try replacing conf/config-defaults.php from the one in the latest Vanilla download.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

I think you should use cleditor instead of button bar . Emotify might be incompatible , that quotes plugin might be incompatible.

You need to disable All the plugins in the dashboard, that means all the plugins. Then check the input.

If after you disable All the plugins, the problem still exists then you may need to reinstall the core files.

But you first need to disable all the plugins in the dashboard. That is the first thing you need to do to trouble shoot , not just one plugin or whatever you think , you need to disable all of the plugins in the dashboard. Not delete, disable.

You need to test this without anything extra to see if it or is not the entire vanilla install that is bad. Hope that it is a plugin, so disable all the plugins and test the text input

You need to also understand that some plugins are not compatible with each other or with your version of vanilla.

• Options

@Shadowdare said:
    Try replacing conf/config-defaults.php from the one in the latest Vanilla download.

I did that for him already when he deleted a plugin and wiped out his plugin folder and config defaults file.....

However try it out anyway it can only help or do nothing....

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited July 2013

The comment he made where the HTML didn't get formatted might have been saved with a different type of format, so check the database for the comment in the GDN_Comment table, and change the value in the format column for the comment to "Html" if it isn't already. The problem probably had to do with the config settings, so new comments should have the "Html" format set by default, but old comments saved in another format won't get updated to the new default format.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Tried, Replacing the default config, no fix

Made sure that the GDN_Comment tables, the formrt values are set to HTML already. All news comments still are not html.

Trying to disable all plugins now..

• Options
    mbforumsmbforums
    edited July 2013

Disable all plugins, no fix,

Looks like the admin panel, plugin area also has < b r >< b >Note:< / b >

in there...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

what about GDN_Discussion table? did you replace that

as well with** Html not HTML**

• Options

does this look correct??

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

Yes, but...

show the browse not the structure. You would want to post the value in the format column in the discussion table for a particular discussion where it doesn't work, if you are trying to provide information.

• Options

Yeah, the browse is ok. So the database is not an issue.

I think it's the config file. Coz we did disable a lot of stuff by changing true to false.

But we changed values back to true.

Is there some line missing in config file. How can I check that.

Is there a sample config file??

• Options

without seeing a post of an image of both the body column and the format of a record of a discussion id (from phpmyadmin) that is bad and an image of the post of the discussion in vanilla in question . and a copy of your config.php. I can't provide any assistance, because it would be pure guessing what you've done.

• Options

Here's what you do. create a new test forum with a new database and see if it works.

After install, Before you start playing with it

take note of the config.php and the tables and save them (these will be your pristine configs and database)

those will be untampered with.

then see if html works before changing theme or adding plugins. if it works - you now know what to look for.

anything else is a wild guess. and you see how much time you've spent guessing.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Well , I looked at the config and you did have enabled a lot of stuff. You do have two installations of vanilla in the panel you had me look in. Public html and www, not sure if that would have anything to do with it or if you are editing the right files.

try to go through the sequence of disabling all plugins from the dashboard. And try to use cleditor as the editor not button bar on the editor .

Like shadowdare said, if past posts were formatted different , then the changes you make will only affect new posts. The older posts will have incorrect formatting.

You might have to go in and edit them by hand.You select the whole comment and click remove formatting. Or the hard way....correct each comment html

After you see if the formatting is even working.

Is there a sample config file??

config.php is generated upon new install and is unique to each forum based on the plugins and configurations they set up.

I compared yours with mine and the only difference are certain plugins I do not use.

The config.php only holds setting information and if it says

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Html';

This is how it should be . Check that it is on both those installs ...

• Options

presses 'patience' button. Thanks peregrine for all your insights, it's enlightening and always fun to read your posts, comments and advises!

There was an error rendering this rich post.