Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom page "styling."

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how or if I can edit this "custom page" I've added to my site. I was hoping to have the page fit the same styling as rest of site or at least remove some of the sidebar and such, thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

1) Where did you get this custom page from? What plugin are you using?

2) Add custom css rules in your brandfriendly theme custom.css

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

The problem is you are going to the dashboard, or at least reading admin.css rather than custom.css unless that was your intent.

if you are wanting to modifying the particular view for that dashboard view
    you would need to modify cutomadmin.css or add it and just call it when referencing the settings page of your particular plugin settings.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @ aery - it's the "custom pages" plugin, and gotcha only a line of javascript right now

@peregrine - thank you, yes I see what you're saying will work on it and follow up

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I remember your forum , I went there once when you were starting it to help fix something with css.

I recommend you use the extrapage plugin to experiment on your page, the custom page plugin is a bit odd to me. The pages need to be built up and routed and it's a bloody mess by comparison.

Extrapage will match your forum style . works instantly and is my favorite plugin of all time. In fact I made several versions using this plugin as the base. PrivacyNotice, Games, VChat, Bonk, and could make whatever is needed.

This plugin ExtraPage is the father of those plugins.

Please try it out. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/extrapage-plugin

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

I was going to suggest that too. :)

you could look at extrapage and http://vanillaforums.org/addon/admintheme-plugin V's plugin) :) and merge what you need, if you want both settings page in dashboard and a custom page for your site. You can add whatever modules you want.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @vrijvlinder thanks so much and @peregrine too

• @dtp56 said:

got your domation.
    hey, thanks for the donation for the plugin and or plugins. much appreciated