Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

JSConnect use POST instead of GET

I need to use post instead of get when using my authentication url using JSConnect. Can you tell me which files I would need to fix to make this happen?
class.jsconnect.plugin.php has:
$Sender->Request->Get()
I'm hopeing to just change it to:
$Sender->Request->Post()

Comments

• Options
    • Worked around this by setting the Authentication URL outside of my framework , adjusting the get link to remove the %2F's in Target=%2F... , then send the modified url to my framework and add the slashes (%2F) back, its an extra step but this part works fine.

I'm still not sure how having this work helps me though. When I log in to my site when is this authentication page supposed to be accessed? When I went to form.Site.Com it just asked me for my user name like normal. Am I supposed to put a link to the forum something like -> forum.Site.Com/event/to/trigger/authentication/jsconnect?client_id=23438438 ? I can't find anything about this so far.

• Options

This not that is not what that code does.

The request is jsonp. It is the javascript that actually sends the form. But I can't think why you want to do that.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks for the response, I got it working after guessing at what address i'm supposed to connect to in a link from my site to have jsconnect trigger the authentication. I could not find one place that mentions this, the one that was close had an error.

Newbies use a link like the following, from your site to your forums to trigger the automatic login. ( Assuming user is logged in on your actual site & you have jsconnect working right )

http://forums.MySite.com/entry/jsconnect?client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID

If you do not go to the forums using the above URL you will not be logged in using jsconnect, it will not trigger the call to your authentication. At least I know of no other way vanilla will trigger the Authentication link.

x00-> I have a custom built framework and my .htaccess and router handle /'s differently than normal so when jsConnect sent me a %2F or / , it had an issue, also had an issue with the ?, but no-one else should run in to that issue.