HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Official Feedback Thread

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Please post all questions/feedback here please.

Thank you for trying my plugins!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Pushed out 1.1 last night with a bunch more planned features.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Outstanding work hg! This works beautifully. Everyone should run with this.

• Fantastic job here, @hgtonight! It's a very useful addon and it's very well done looking too!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I wish I had unwanted users to be able to test this plugin... :( maybe you all can register in my forum so I can test it ? lol

edited August 2013

@vrijvlinder said:
    I wish I had unwanted users to be able to test this plugin

You can also use it to bulk add or change roles, or ban members. Test away!

Search first

Bulk Add eh? now that sounds great ! Me , Myself and I will love some new company .. ;)

• Hi @hgtonight:

Awesome plug-in! I'm running 2.0.18.4 so I updated the class.bulkedit.plugin.php file in the plugins folder to set the required appl. to my version and it seems to be working fine.

I would vote for a Select All box/link/function to auto check all users on the page. I had BotStop activated with confirm email. But the bots managed to add a bunch of users over the weekend before I realized it. I changed the BotStop ques./answer but bot changes their program accordingly (believe it or not!). StopForumSpam and Akismet caught most of their discussions as Spam but now I have hundreds of spam users that I want to remove.

Can we use a query directly on the MySQL dB to remove users in bulk, or will that leave the dB with bad integrity/orphaned records in other tables?

Cheers and thanks again for this great plug-in!!!

@ObamaCare_Forums Thanks for the feedback!

You can click on the action column heading to quickly select all users on the page. I perform all the editting through the appropriate models to ensure the integrity of your database.

Search first

• Hi @hgtonight : That's awesome! Big help (I should have been able to figure that out!).

Do you know if there's a way to show more than the default (30) users on that user page, i.e. so we can edit/remove more at once?

IIRC, the limit is hardcoded in the /applications/dashboard/controllers/class.usercontroller.php file line 81 (in 2.0.18.8). Change 30 to whatever you would like and you should be good to go.

Search first

As suggested by @Shadowdare, Bulk Edit now supports user verification. Verify known roles quickly to reduce server load and lower response time for known users. :D

Get Bulk Edit 1.2, available now!

Search first

I just got through using this plugin on a site that was left for a while and had only 2 pages of spam registrants, this plugin is very efficient and in my opinion should be approved and be part of the core plugins from the get go.

I am very impressed hg! thanks a lot for this <3

• This plugin is brilliant, especially for a forum that was imported from elsewhere.

I'd suggest being able to bulk turn on/off email notifications for new discussions/comments.

• It's been a couple months since I had the chance to check out my forum and while I was away I developed a problem with spam registrations. I've since installed BotStop and RegistrationRestrictLogger to prevent new registrations, but I now have 14,894 applicants that are in the "Confirm Email" role.

Even with this great plugin installed, that leaves me with 400 pages of registrants.

Ideally, I'd like this plugin to have the ability to simply remove all in this role (Confirm Email) with a click of a button.

Alternatively, if there was a "check all" button I could sort by "Confirm Email", change the max displayed from 30 (as listed above) to something like 1000, and this plugin would work for me (even if it did take a couple minutes to clear 15 pages of 1000 users)... but without the check-all, I'm looking at about 15,000 clicks. "Ack!"

Any thoughts to speed up my process?

• Looks like I was able to solve my own problem with a Google Chrome Plugin that checks all boxes on the page.

It looks like the max users to display on a single page is 498, so that's what I have set on "class.usercontroller.php"

Now I only have to go through about 30 pages... so that's much better than the original problem. Thanks for this plugin.

• JohnPileJohnPile New
    edited February 2014

Doh! So dangerous. Forgot to filter first. Deleted 5 of my most active users.

Realized what I did as soon as I clicked the confirmation button.

DANGER DANGER DANGER if you use my method.

:'(

Clicking the header on the column 'Action' will check all the boxes for you. So, no need for the chrome extension.

I will look into removing users based on Role. I am not sure where I would put that.

Search first

• @JohnPile said:
    Looks like I was able to solve my own problem with a Google Chrome Plugin that checks all boxes on the page.

It looks like the max users to display on a single page is 498, so that's what I have set on "class.usercontroller.php"

Now I only have to go through about 30 pages... so that's much better than the original problem. Thanks for this plugin.

you could use cleanser plugin, that is what it was designed for.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• JohnPileJohnPile New
    edited February 2014

Good to know about the "Action Column" ... I somehow missed that.

The cleanser plugin sounds great ... I'll do that now that I've restore my database from lastnight's backup.

Thanks!

• this is a GREAT plug in. thank you.

I do have one small request is to have an option to "check all/uncheck all"