Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thread Title as Link

deexdeex New
edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there the possibility to show the Thread Title as Link? Or is there a Addon?

I googled but did not found a addon to this.

1245.jpg 276.2K

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2013

This can easily be accomplished by overriding the appropriate view in your custom theme. Do be aware that by doing so, you'll have to manually update the overridden views if an update to the view is released.

If you want to customize the HTML, you can edit that too. Our pages are made up of two parts:

1. Master Views - these represent everything that wraps the main content of the page. If all you want to do is add a menu or banner above Vanilla, this is all you need to alter. To do so, copy the default master view from /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.tpl to /themes/yourtheme/views/default.master.tpl and edit it there.

2. Views - these represent all of the content in each page. Every application has a views folder that contains all of the HTML for every page. So, for example, if you wanted to edit the HTML for the Discussions list, you could copy the views from /applications/vanilla/views/discussions to /themes/yourtheme/views/discussions and edit them there.

You can avoid naming conflicts between applications' views and specify which app a view is for by optionally adding a subfolder with the app's name in /themes/yourtheme/views (e.g.: /themes/yourtheme/views/appname) and placing views there rather than directly in the views folder.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Thank you for your Help, i try it out =)