Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Approval Invitation Glitches

I recently upgraded from 2.0.17.0 to 2.0.18.8 (yeah I know)

My forum registration is set to use Invitation.

When someone gets an invitation link with the invitation code in the URL, firstly that code isn't copied over to the registration form when the link is clicked (is this supposed to happen?) and secondly when someone does manage to register their role still shows as 'Applicant' and not 'Member' and they're not allowed to comment.

I've tried using both:

Not required to confirm their email address and are assigned the role "Member" until they've confirmed their email address (even though it's not on) and

Requiring applicants to confirm their email address and are assigned the role "Applicant" until they've confirmed. (No confirmation email is sent)

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Did you in the past convert from other forum software? Check in the conf/config.php for the 'defaultrole' entries and maybe some other significant entries that have to do with 'role'

There was an error rendering this rich post.