Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bug with Comment Protection 2.0

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Comment protection doesn't work. When I click to "block a user" or "block comment", I am sent back to all the discussion and when I go back to the discusion, the html content is still display.

When I checked the structure of database I noticed that after installing the module there is no new tables created.

I use vanilla 1 r460 with Centos4, apache 2.0.52, PHP 5.0.4, mysql 4.1.18.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Check your conf/settings.php file for COMMENT_PROTECTION_SETUP. If it's in there, try removing it and then reloading a page to see if it builds the tables properly.
  • Options
    No, I don't see that in conf/setttings.php
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    btw, that is not an emergency, I just reinstalled the last revision and I am reactiviting all the extensions that I might use... but thank you to look at it on a busy day. Good luck for the move
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    oops, I was using the extension downloaded from the addons page and not trunk.
  • Options
    reapreap New
    edited July 2006
    having same problem - with "quote" not working either

fresh install of vanilla dloaded today.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Did you get the extension from the add-ons site?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2006
    Hmm. Well, you should start a new discussion that addresses the quote extension (And it's author) so he/she can fix it... It's a similar bug, but with a different extension...
  • Options
    rad
  • Options
    furthermore to reap's comment, the blocking tables have been built properly and the COMMENT_PROTECTION_SETUP is = 1 in conf/settings.php.
  • Options
    ah... figured it out. reap, you suck
    your extensions folders were all named in lowercase. that doesn't work in unix.
  • Options
    how gay
  • Options
    and you da man
  • Options
    reapreap New
    edited July 2006
    is there an I ♥ ithcy addon? there should be.
  • Options
    i feel i owe you, after the whole reapmask thing
  • Options
    sonofa
  • Options
    I do not understand this thread at all.
  • Options
    ditto
This discussion has been closed.