Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

IP address returns no matches for me?

IP address returns no matches for me?

I have checked role and it is correct.

any ideas?

Comments

• Options

I had this situation too. I wonder if it's because the user posted something on the activity wall.

I found a spammer (role = Member) on my activity wall tried to search for all users with that IP address and role, but the search came up empty. I expected at least 1, that user that posted on the activity wall.

I know my cleanserlisttxt is writable because I can generate a list of "Confrim Email" users and purge them. However, I couldn't generate a list of a targeted IPs. I tried on 2 different spammers' IPs writing to my activity wall with correct role set, both times it came up empty. I expected at least 1 user both times, because I found the users from the activity wall.

• Options

did the members with that ip address make any comments or discussions.

if so, the program is written to not select those users.

I restrict the list to users in a roile without comments and discussions to prevent people who may not know what they are doing from wiping out their database.

two things can you use phpmyadmin and look in the user table and see if you can locate that ip address in any of these three columns.

LastIPAddress UpdateIpAddress or InsertIpAddress

if it exists in one of these columns but not the others let me know and I can tell you a modifications for the program.

Also what is your version of vanilla?

the program looks in UpdateIpAddress but if it appears in other columns you can modify the program to use LastIPAddress or InsertIpAddress.

If I got feedback I could change the program accordingly.

but be careful because you have changed the behavior and can now delete anyone who has made a comment or a discussion.

BTW, it does not matter if they made a comment in the activity wall as far as listing.

Currently if the IPaddress is not in UpdateIpAddress OR the user has made a comment or discussion they will not be listed.

So, in essence your feedback is necessary in regards to

two things can you use phpmyadmin and look in the user table and see if you can locate that ip address in any of these three columns.

let me know which one it appears in for the spammers you can't find.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I already deleted those 2 users manually through Vanilla's user delete options. Next time I run into this, I will try to remember to gather this data for you. Thanks.

• Options

Updating the plugin to use LastIPAddress gave me much more complete results.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@shadowhand said:
    Updating the plugin to use LastIPAddress gave me much more complete results.

thanks shadowhand for feedback.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP