HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload plugin not working on 2.2 isn't ?

Hi, When I try to install FileUpload 1.8 on latest Vanilla (2.2.3.4) then I can't enabled it

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method CategoryModel::PermissionCategory() in /home/.../public_html/vanilla/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 59

NB: this line should be the following but I'm php newbie ;-) I don't know what it means in fact...
$PermissionCategory = CategoryModel::PermissionCategory(Gdn::Controller()->Data('Category'));

May be my php (5.3.27) server config' is not right but not encounter this issue with Vanilla v2.1 (a33)

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

Don't know if this helps.

this forum (vanillaforums.org) that we are posting on, is currently using vanilla 2.2.3.11 and file upload version 1.7.1 and it seems to work.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• yep, my first idea was to try this 1.7.1 version ;-) without the ability to restrict file uploads per category

but I don't understand how to download it from GitHub, it seems too late, isn't ?

Ok, it's enabled for now ;-) and I can upload files, delete them

• PS: downloaded lastest "release", available from https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/releases but ;-) you 're right there is a 'Master' branch including a lot of changes

• Now... dashboard settings page is missing but may be ;-) it's "normal"

None parameters were available from here, it's not important, this topic is solved ;-) thank you to you