Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Announcing Projectsâ„¢

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm working on an extension that will bring your forum to the next level! Once enabled, it turns Vanilla into a full project-collaboration website. You will be able to create projects and share them with other users. You can add users to your project group and give them permission to keep track on that project. Non-project members can add tickets like bug-reports, feature requests, etc. You can add files with versioning, add milestones and it will ofcourse integrate with the To-do list. Instead of keeping the tickets in a seperate table, they will integrate with Vanilla's discussions. Also, projects will be assigned to the existing categories and search tab. Thanks to Lussumo's Framework, you will only need to install the extension and add a new library. Disabling and enabling Projectsâ„¢ will be as easy as installing any other add-on! I will keep you informed about the progress, and you can see it being developed at http://www.jazzman.nl

Comments

• Options
    hehe thats going to be amazing :P especially the fact that you will be able to see it develop.
    is it worth us registering over there to see any other new benefits?

i see my basecamp off vanilla and to do list idea really took off in jazzmans head.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited June 2006
    Coolio. /me likes look of. And it has a â„¢ in it :) Oh and yeah, will it have a whisper feature? I've suggested that on the Basecamp forum many times, but they ain't listening!
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited June 2006
    why do you add this to vanilla??
  • Options
    The to-do already looks good - the rest sounds amazing
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Cool!
  • Options
    Will admin be able to add people and have them sent their login details automatically?
  • Options
    This is sweet. Perfect, just what I needed. Leetsauce.
  • Options
    What a fantastic extension. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.
  • Options
    woooow ... nice ...... pleeeeeze keep me updated ;-) ... ben heel erg onder indruk ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    [quote]Oh and yeah, will it have a whisper feature? I've suggested that on the Basecamp forum many times, but they ain't listening![/quote] yess the are, but they aren't taking actions on it ;-) ... I've read the pdf from 39signals wich contains their thinkings about webdevelopment and how they used it (and still using it) on for example BaseCamp. In the pdf there's a complete section about it (users request). It's something like "we don't do it, but we do listen" ...
  • Options
    Yup. Arggggghh.
  • Options
    If a request is made in a forest, and somebody hears it, but nothing happens---was the request ever made?
  • Options
    Great idea. I look forward to trying it, maybe I can stop spending money on basecamp then (and donate to you guys instead :P)
  • Options
    Hi Jazzman, Look forward for it. PS~ IMHO current "Projectsâ„¢ development versions" is too complicated for non-tech-savvy guy like me. Hopefully by the time you have beta release it will be very easy to install. Cheers! forrest2828
  • Options
    hehe forrst2828, how can you go wrong? you know how to install an extension right? you know how to make a folder right? if you can do both those things it easy. All you do is upload the projects folder in the libary zip to library folder on your vanilla isntall. Then you do the extension to the extensions folder and install the extension like most and there you go...ta da your away.
  • Options
    Wow! This sounds absolutely fantastic! With project management in Vanilla, I could think of a thousand new uses. etter still, if there was to be one-login-multiple-vanillas, then this could become enormous. PS. with one-login-multiple-vanillas, a search-all-at-once add-on would be neat.
  • Options
    Any news?
  • Options
    I guess what you can use in the mean time is the issue tracker... not really projects, but a part. http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=288
  • Options
    I see. Thanks
  • Options
    StashStash
    edited July 2007
    Jazzman:Once enabled, it turns Vanilla into a full project-collaboration website. You will be able to create projects and share them with other users. You can add users to your project group and give them permission to keep track on that project.
    This has SVN written all over it. If you were to make this integrate in with SVN this would be an absolutely killer app that would transport Vanilla into superstardom. It's by no means a small project, in fact I think it would be the single biggest over taking ever attempted for Vanilla, but it would be so unbelievably cool I'm lost for words.

Go on Jazzman, I dare you, write an awesome GUI front end, complete with AJAX loveliness to improve usability that integrates directly with Vanilla :)
This discussion has been closed.