Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Extending Forum Membership to other "member pages"

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm playing around with V1pre2 (awesome) and I decided to set up the Page Management extension to point members to a personnel database management tool. This forum is set up so that it can only be browsed by registered users. I would like to take it further and make it so that the pages I set up with the Page Management tool would only be accessible to those who are logged in to through the forum. So for example if one of my added tabs directs to forum/memberinfo/manage.php, I want to make it so that anyone else who types in that url cannot access that page unless they are logged in through the forum. Is there a way that I can enable a persistent login from vanilla to my member info tool? If not is there a way I can check to see if they are logged in to vanilla. I assume it is cookie related, but if anyone can suggest a simple way of accomplishing this I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    When creating the page just uncheck the "Unathenticated" box, wont that do it?
  • Options
    No that doesn't work. In the page creation tool it asks for a url to direct that page to. The only thing that unchecking that box will do is prevent unauthenticated users from clicking that page (I assume). But anyone can type in the url since the page doesn't have any code to see if they are logged in to vanilla or not. That is the code I need to figure out. How to reject people who aren't logged in.
  • Options
    include_once("./forum/appg/settings.php"); include_once("./forum/appg/init_people.php"); if ($Context->Session->UserID > 0) { //Person is logged in } else { //Person is not logged in }
  • Options
    Bergamont, you've made my day! May your footsteps be sure, and your wisdom be ever increasing.
  • Options
    I followed all the integration instructions for WordPress and tried to mimic for SocialEngine to no avail. It does not work for me. I'm lost the last step involving the Authenticator. Please help. Anyone.
This discussion has been closed.