Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bonk on every topic!

Since I deleted allot of spam users via the database, all my topics and discussions dont load, they just come up with a bonk error. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

    .

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited September 2013

    Those discussions were probably created and had comments by the spam users, so Vanilla can't load up user data for the deleted users. If you made a backup of your database, you should restore it. If you didn't make a backup, you can probably try deleting the posts by the spam users.

    To find out exactly what is behind the bonk error, read this: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Bonk_Errors

    Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

  • Options

    @Shadowdare said:
    Those discussions were probably created and had comments by the spam users, so Vanilla can't load up user data for the deleted users. If you made a backup of your database, you should restore it. If you didn't make a backup, you can probably try deleting the posts by the spam users.

    To find out exactly what is behind the bonk error, read this: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Bonk_Errors

    Thanks, I have done this and it comes up with the below:
    http://www.sandithom.com/forums/discussion/6/sandi039s-signature-farida-4-review-in-guitarist-april-2011#Item_2

  • Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited September 2013

    Does running the script at http://www.sandithom.com/forums/utility/structure do anything?

    Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

  • Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

    Nah that query is tainted

    ->Select('iu.Email', '', 'InsertEmail') is completely commented out of the discussion model in 2.0.18.8 it is isn the comment model but that is not a comment query.

    I would first disable pluigns.

    You shouldn't have w.UserID = 0 make sure there are no users with 0 as the ID in the GDN_Users table.

    grep is your friend.

  • Options

    @x00 said:
    Nah that query is tainted

    ->Select('iu.Email', '', 'InsertEmail') is completely commented out of the discussion model in 2.0.18.8 it is isn the comment model but that is not a comment query.

    I would first disable pluigns.

    You shouldn't have w.UserID = 0 make sure there are no users with 0 as the ID in the GDN_Users table.

    The first user is =1, have tried disabling the plugins but still have the same issue.

  • Options

    Since we're having 2 discussions about 1 problem I am copy / pasting the details of the Bonk from that other topi : Unknown column 'iu.Email' in 'field list'

    This means that you are missing at least 1 column. Let's see if this works:

    @Shadowdare said:
    Does running the script at http://www.sandithom.com/forums/utility/structure do anything?

    (Can someone dump the structure of the Users table from phpMyAdmin, so we can be prepared for the next step in troubleshooting. Don't copy / paste it yet though)

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • Options

    SELECT Name FROM GDN_User WHERE UserID = 0;

    grep is your friend.

Sign In or Register to comment.