Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Option to update extensions?

edited June 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Don't know if this has already been discussed - a search yielded no results. Is there going to be some sort of functionality built in that will allow you to auto-check (and possibly update) for new extensions from the settings tab? Because of the fact that during dev, these extensions are being updated constantly. Or, is the idea behind not having this the whole "people need to come back" thing? Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You will always need to go get the updates, download, unzip, and upload to your server - it will never be as slick as, say, firefox - simply for security purposes (if for no other reason).

I'd like to make the update check also look for newer versions of the extensions, but I haven't programmed it yet and I stopped all development weeks ago so we could get version 1 out. It will definitely come in another minor release soon after the launch.
  • Options
    If you could create some kind of xml file with extension names and version on your add-on site, it would be easily enough to make an extension which could do an update check :)
  • Options
    Mark - Makes sense. Wouldn't have thought about it from the security side.
    And the fact that it might come out soon is fantastic also. ^_^

Thanks for the quick reply.
This discussion has been closed.