Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some email notifications are not being sent - JsonTarget issue?

I have installed the Vanilla 2.0.18 forum and am having some issues with some emails not being sent. Everyone gets emails for a new discussion or if a private message has been sent but no emails for comments are being sent out. I have read countless threads with the same issue and have had no luck getting it sorted out.

Things to note:

• my SMTP server is configured properly
  • 'Advanced Notifications' are turned on and enabled for all users
  • I have done some digging and forcing the line $this->CommentModel->Save2($CommentID, $Inserted, TRUE, TRUE); in class.postcontroller.php (line 344) to run instead of the line $this->JsonTarget('', Url("/vanilla/post/comment2/$CommentID/$Inserted"), 'Ajax'); (line 346) will make it so the comment notifications do get sent out but the side effect is users get double notifications

It seems to me that there is some issue with the AJAX call to /vanilla/post/comment2/... which in turn calls CommentModel->Save2() which calls $ActivityModel->SendNotificationQueue(); I have found the AJAX calls to be very difficult to debug though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!