Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wordpress with vanillaforums comment integration: back button is broken

Hi,

I set up vanilla forum comment integration with wordpress and ran into the following problem. Whenever I go to a wordpress post, the initial link is www.XXX.com/PYYY. However, that link is automatically changed to www.XXX.com/PYYY/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0 within a second. I think this is because Vanilla creates a new frame to put the comment box in.

Because of that, I cannot go back to the previous page. When I click the back button, it goes back to www.XXX.com/PYYY but then quickly change to www.XXX.com/PYYY/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0 again.

Has anyone run into the same problem and how do you solve it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

Use subdomain.

vanilla.XXX.com and WP in XXX.com

or

wordpress.XXX.com and vanilla in XXX.com

• Options

I just noticed this problem too.

Is there any alternative to "move your forums to a subdomain"? Breaking users back buttons is obviously not intended behavior. Surely there is a fix for this!

• Options

This seems to do the trick:

To stop the vanilla comment embed breaking the back button,

comment out line 110 of /vanilla/js/embed.js

// window.location.hash = currentPath; //replace(embedUrl + "#" + currentPath);

Still seems to be working fine without it, at least in localhost testing.