Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I delete old posts by checking the delete box

I can delete posts one at a time then confirm okay. That's to slow.
When I check the delete box on ea post then hit delete to delete a mass of them i get error msg that I am not authorized to do that.
I do the admins get authorized to do that?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@lions10

Welcome.

Which version of Vanilla are you using? If you aren't sure, go to Dashboard, and scroll down to the bottom right of the page.

If it is 2.0.18.x, are you using the Split/Merge plugin or Split/Merge FE?

This worked for the FE version, and may well work for the original:

Line 291of applications/vanilla/controllers/class.moderationcontroller.php says

$this->Permission('Vanilla.Comment.Delete', TRUE, 'Category', 'any');

There is no vanilla.comment it SHOULD say

$this->Permission('Vanilla.Comments.Delete', TRUE, 'Category', 'any');

Making that change should do the trick.

• Options

Way over my head

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Well, you've rejected a working solution.

Good luck getting anyone to give you another solution that works and is 'in your depth'.

• Options

I appreciate your response a few weeks ago but don't know where to go with making the fix. I will look around some more. I am not familiar with the makings or workings of Vanilla. We are using 2.0.18.4

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@whu606 said:
    (...)
    This (...) may well work (...)

Line 291 of applications/vanilla/controllers/class.moderationcontroller.php (...)
    $this->Permission('Vanilla.Comment.Delete', TRUE, 'Category', 'any');

(...)
    $this->Permission('Vanilla.Comments.Delete', TRUE, 'Category', 'any');
    Making that change should do the trick.

"Change this to that" is no rocket science...

• Options

I follow your instructions but I'm new to an Admin role and i don't know if anyone is still using the forum that set it up. I don't see where to get to the collection of folders and files you mention. And apparently i need to sign up for more access because i get rejected when trying to reply to your email.

• Options

Thanks for your help. I understand what to do but I don't have access to the web servers. However, I found the guy that does and he will make the update when he does some other stuff.
    Thanks again.