Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to Build a Simple Module and Integrate it as a Plugin (Problem)

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Using V2.1.b2/Opera/Firefox

ok, now it's time to be an Developer... :D:D
But as usual, i get stuck at the first tutorial.. ;(

I'm starting with the Tutorial "How to Build a Simple Module and Integrate it as a Plugin"

When I copy the first example Code and do like described and activate the Plugin, I don't get a "checked!" in the Panel section, i get a blank Screen with "checked!" !!
So as for the beginning I'm not sure where the problem is...

Is the Documentation still valid for Vanilla 2.1.b2? Is it my fault?? ;) Is there an Error in the Code?

I will stop here and wait for your Help, because if it is not my error, i would like to correct the Manual from top till bottom, so other beginners will not have this Problem again... ;)

ThX for any Help.. ;)

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

It may be that that tutorial only applies to 2.0.x.x versions (the only ones released for production.)

There are some significant changes between 2.0 and 2.1, so some code snippets may no longer be valid.

Why not create a test install of 2.0.18.8 and see if it works there?

I think many people will probably wait until a version of 2.1 is officially released before they add tutorials for it.

• Options
    Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
    edited October 2013

hmm... so there is no V2.1 Docu jet? Certainly not, the Developers are busy developing... arghhh...

Ok, because I would like to program as fast as possible a Calendar, i'll TRY and make it first with some dirty programming... :D

ThX.. ;)